With almost 3 billion monthly active users as of 2023, Facebook is the most widely used social media platform. Everyone wants to be noticed, but it’s not always the case when there are so much content generated on Facebook. One of the critical factors that can impact your Facebook engagement is the timing of your posts. In this article, we’ll explore the best times to post on Facebook in 2023 and why timing matters in social media marketing.
Is There a Best Time To Post On Facebook?
Social media engagement depends on many factors like user habits and demographics, global events, and the popularity of other social media. One of the factors the Facebook algorithm considers when choosing which content to deliver for each user is the timing of your posts. Besides that, social media platforms like Facebook are constantly evolving, so the Facebook algorithm could also change with time. User behavior can also change. Even if social media engagement can change with time, there is a time when users are most active on the platform, and it is the best time to post on Facebook.
That means you need to know the best time to post on Facebook in order to get maximum exposure to your content.
Posting at the right time also helps increase other algorithm signals, like early engagement. Facebook’s algorithm considers the engagement your posts receive shortly after being published. If your content receives a significant number of engagements immediately after posting, it’s more likely to be shown to a broader audience. You can only get early engagement if your audience is online to see your posts instantly after they’re published. Posting at the right times can help you kickstart this positive feedback loop.
Theoretically, the best time to post on Facebook is the time, when it is the biggest the probability of your audience seeing your content, when your audience is the most active. In practice, it’s not so easy to find the best time, since your audience could be the most active online at different times as compared to other audiences. In addition, there are different time zones, weekdays and weekends, and other factors influencing user behavior.
Here are some statistics:
- People spend an average of 33 minutes a day on Facebook.
- 37.2% of all the people on Earth are monthly active Facebook users.
Thus, Facebook is still the most widely used social media platform by marketers, and it doesn’t seem the situation will change soon.
What is the Best Time to Post on Facebook in 2023?
While the best times to post can vary based on your target audience and industry, there is a certain time that can help you maximize your Facebook reach and engagement.
In general, before sticking to the best times for posting, consider the following aspects:
- Time zones. If you have a global audience, time zones of your audience could be very different. Choose your main target audience and use scheduling tools to post at times that align with the time zones of this audience.
- Weekdays vs. weekends. According to recent analytics, Facebook users are more active during weekdays than on weekends or holidays. If you still want to post on weekends or holidays, try to make the content playful or aligned with the holiday or cultural event taking place.
- Working hours. Mid-morning and mid-afternoon are the best time for posting. These times align with the time when people commute to work and with breaks at work or school when people are more likely to check their social media.
- Avoid early mornings and late nights. The worst time for posting starts in late evening (9:00 PM) when people are busy at home. Early mornings (before 6:00 AM) are also less favorable for posting, as people are less active on Facebook during these times.
- Test and use analytics. As written above, the best posting times depend on many factors and may change over time. Experiment with different posting schedules, what fits best to your product and your audience. Facebook Insights or third-party analytics tools to track when your audience is most active. Analyze the results to adapt your strategy continually.
Different social media automation tools provide a bit different best timing for posting, so we summarized the results and provide them to you.
Best times to post on Facebook:
- Mondays from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM.
- Tuesdays from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM.
- Wednesdays from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM.
- Thursdays from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM.
- Fridays from 7 – 8 AM to 1 – 2 PM.
- Saturdays from 8 AM to 1 PM.
- Sundays from 11 AM to 1 PM.
The best days to post on Facebook are Mondays through Thursdays. These days seem to be the most effective for posting to reach the maximum engagement.
The worst days to post on Facebook are Sundays. It’s recommended not to post on Sundays at all. If you still publish, adapt your content, making it more relaxed or funny.
In general, there are many factors determining the best time to post on Facebook like the specificity of your audience, when it is the most active online, different time zones, weekdays and weekends, and other factors influencing user behavior. However, posting at the right time is very important for early engagement. Facebook’s algorithm considers the early engagement and it’s more likely to be shown to a broader audience. You can only get early engagement if your audience is online at the time of posting.
We have provided the basic guidelines that can serve as a starting point. It’s essential to monitor your specific audience’s behavior and adapt your posting schedule accordingly. Social media is a dynamic landscape, and what works best today may change tomorrow.
Use social media posting and scheduling tools like Postus to schedule your posting to the best times, analyze the engagement, and increase your content reach.
Postus, the AI-powered social media assistant, could be used to create, schedule, and publish content for Facebook and other social media platforms at the best times. Features include multi-language support (30+ languages), mood selection (from formal to funny), and flexible scheduling.
You can also read the articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
The best days to post on Facebook are Mondays through Thursdays. Posting at working hours (from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM) on these days can be the most effective to reach maximum user engagement. Social media posting and scheduling tool Postus can help you schedule your postings at the best times.
There are many factors determining the best time to post on Facebook, but in general, it is better to post on Facebook in the morning between starting from 7 – 8 AM, when people are more active online. Use social media posting and scheduling tools like Postus to schedule your postings to the best times.
The research for the best times to post on Facebook reveals times when the reach of the posts and engagement is highest. Engagement includes likes, comments, and shares. Post quality content at 9:00 AM, 7:00 AM, or 10:00 AM to get more Facebook likes. Posting from Mondays through Thursdays from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM could be a starting point to get more Facebook likes. Then experiment, test, and use analytics to adapt your strategy.
Posting at working hours (from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM) from Mondays through Thursdays are the best times to post on Facebook which can help you to reach the maximum user engagement. Use social media posting and scheduling tools like Postus to schedule your postings at the best times.
Theoretically, the best time to post on Facebook is the time, when your audience is the most active. It’s not so easy to find the best time, since there are many factors, determining your audience’s activity, like the specificity of your audience, time zones, weekdays and weekends, and other factors influencing user behavior. In general, working hours (from 7 – 8 AM to 3 – 4 PM) from Mondays through Thursdays are the best times to post on Facebook. Social media managing tools like Postus can schedule your postings at the best times.